Stacking the Shelves 3 + updates

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

For Review:

Thanks to all the respective authors and publishers who sent me these books !

And all the rest:


I'm sorry, eyes. Truly, I am. I've been on a reading marathon this week; finishing three books a day and all that, and it's putting a lot of strain on my eyes. I'm almost through with my 'for review' pile though. I've posted my reviews of Farsighted and Open Heart already, I finished A demon made me do it last night so   expect a review from me within this week. Oh, and I'm already done with both of the Alice Parker books, so i'll be posting up my reviews and a giveaway (!!!) for it tomorrow. I'm already halfway through Vengeance of the Wolf and Silent Song so yay! I haven't started the other books yet, but I read the first chapter of Glitch and I wasn't impressed. I mean, I know it's still the first chapter and all, but does it get any better? 

I won't be reading anything today, sadly. My mum says that I've been abusing my eyes lately, so I'm doing a 'rest day' of sorts. I honestly won't be surprised if I'll need glasses by the time classes start. Speaking of classes, I picked up my books from school because classes are starting soon (school here in the Philippines usually start on the 2nd week of June) and everyone was saying how cheap the books were this year, but to be honest $140 is still mighty expensive for cheapskate me. Anyways, the books were really heavy and all that but my eyes lit up when I found this in my pile:


Jose Rizal's Noli Me Tangere. So errr I honestly (and shamefully) didn't really have any plans of reading Filipino literature, so I can't wait to read this, even if it is for school. 

Well, that's my hoard. Did you get any cool books this week? Any recent acquisitions? Link your post below and I'll check it out :D

Oh, and I recently got a twitter account, and you can follow me if you want. And i'll tell you how much I love you through 140 words or less.




You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Oh wow!! A ton of awesome books there! I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but gosh, some of them are beauuutiful. I (sadly) haven't got any books this week, but thanks to this post I certainly have ideas of which ones to buy soon!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Megan, some of those covers are absolutely gorgeous! Great haul! Enjoy those books. :)
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any Love but Mine was really good, and I'm still waiting on Glitch. I have the Selection and the Hunt on my Kindle and I can't wait to see what you think! :) Great haul! I hope you enjoy!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three books a day! Awesome. I can see why your eyes need a rest. I just got Glitch for review but my stack is now 39 books tall. I added books to it this past month instead of reducing the pile. I read The Hunt and thought it was interesting. I hope you like it.

    My new book posts are at Inside of a Dog and at Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome selection of books that you got this week. I really enjoyed the Selection. New follower. Come check out what I got this week.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set! So cool that you got The Selection and Hunt. I'd really like to read them.
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, all amazing books! I'm dying to get a copy of The Selection! Thanks for the post. Most of the books I've never heard about, so I'm glad I can check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images