The Selkie's Top Ten Series She Has Yet to Finish

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday
Hello loves! It's my first time to participate in Top Ten Tuesday :> It seemed like such a fun meme, so I wanted to try it out! :D

So this week's topic discusses series that you have not finished for one reason or another. Well... let's just say I have more than ten of those. I'm a compulsive buyer you see, and I end up buying first or second books in a series without reading the others. Anyway, here are some and my ermm -excuses-.

*Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish*


The Mortal Instruments
1.) The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare

CASSIE FANS, PLEASE DON'T HIT ME! Okay, so I have a copy the second book, City of Ashes, and I read it without reading the first one. I liked it, and I was planning on buying the other books but I just never got to doing so, I guess.

Lost Years of Merlin
2.) Lost Years of Merlin by T.A. Barron

I absolutely LOVED the first book. I was always a fan of literature surrounding Merlin, so this was such a treat for me. There are a bunch of other books in the series, but my local bookstore never has any stocks!

The Immortals
3.) The Immortals by Alyson Noel

I just... didn't like it that much. There. I said it.

A Song of Ice and Fire
4.) A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin

I am obsessed with this series! So obsessed that I got to the point where I was too emotionally attached and the book frustrated the shizz out of me. Honestly, the characters you love can be so stupid sometimes. The fourth book is still sitting in my shelf, with a bookmark sticking out, waiting for me to man up and finish it.

The Inkheart Trilogy

5.) The Inkheart Trilogy

Am I the only one who liked the first book, but thought that the other too were boring?

Septimus Heap

6.) Septimus Heap by Angie Sage

I read the first three books, and left it at that. I just outgrew the series, I guess.

Maximum Ride
7.) Maximum Ride by James Patterson

I picked up a copy of the second book while browsing through a little booksale outlet, and finished it in one sitting! Now I'm dying to get my hands on the other books!

The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson
8.) The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson by Louise Rennison

The series is so fun and refreshing, but it's not something that I would necessarily read as a whole.

Inheritance
9.) Inheritance by Christopher Paolini 

Too many things were going on at such a slow pace. It just gave me a headache.

Song of The Lioness
10.) Song of The Lioness by Tamora Pierce

My best friend made me read the first book, but I guess she realized that I wasn't that into it.

Well, that's all that my wee little brain can think of right now. 
Should I continue reading any of these? Give it a second chance and all?
Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave some comment love and tell me what you top ten picks are :)







You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I haven't read Inheritance. I have no idea when I will. I just wasn't attached enough to the series for my interest to survive the wait--and the high price.

    I only read the first Inkheart book. I thought it was fine, but I didn't want any more.

    And I LOVE the Alanna series! Pierce was one of my favorite authors when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definitely recommend The Mortal Instruments books, but you may want to just stop at book three. I need to read #4 and #5 but most people I know have been disappointed with them. I've read the first three, though, and really enjoyed them. Just my two cents! :)

    My TTT post

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your list I have only read the Cassandra Clare series which I quite enjoyed :)

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, Don't worry I like Cassandra C but after the fourth book I got frustrated with the series too...although I am up to speed with them. I prefer her The Infernal Devices.
    I liked Eragon...thought Brisingr strung things out a lot, but I loved the finale, Inheritance
    I know what you mean about Game of Thrones! I started book 5, then heard there may be a delay on book 6 and now I can't get myself to carry on with 5 because when I finish it there won't be anything to fill the gap...strange logic really, but somehow knowing that book 5 is waiting for me makes not being in the world quite okay...plus I finally got GoT season one on DVD and think Season 2 is out early next year (so jealous of those already gearing up to watch season 3 when it airs on TV).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally relate!! I couldn't finish Evermore(I tried ok!) and Eragon (too slow!). I haven't finished the Maximum ride series and don't even PLAN to because after the first three books the books started getting worse and worse till all I could think was ENOUGH! I've had it!

    But the first three books are amazing! And the you can end the series at book 3 easily

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Eragon and Inkheart and think that the movies are better... >_<

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin! I'm saving up to buy the 2 remaining books :D Eragon is quite slow for me. Great Post!

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so awful....I can't NOT finish a series once I start it. It's a sickness. Even if I'm hating it, I have to finish it. Like those darn Hush, Hush books. I don't particularly want to read the last book, but I just know my curiosity will get the best of me. o.O And I like TMI, but I really wish she'd just stopped with the original three she had planned. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read the first 2 Maximum Ride books (years ago when they first came out) and loved them, but I never could get into book #3 and just gave up...

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'A Song of Ice and Fire' and 'Inkheart' are on my list. I forgot about the 'Inheritance' books. I have the first three unread on my shelf. My Top Ten post:
    http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/top-ten-tuesday-unfinished-series/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've yet to finish Cassandra Clare's series, too. I have the fifth one, but after the fourth's ending I was like SCREW IT I AM NEVER READING THIS SERIES EVER AGAIN. then I bought the fifth one because I am weak. le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love A Song of Ice and Fire-- I'm emotionally attached to all the characters, too, and the HBO show has only made it worse. Inkheat was one of my favorite books when I was younger (still adore it), but it's true that the next two books aren't half as good. They're okay, though-- I still really liked reading the quotes at the beginning of the chapters. :)


    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! I read Eragon so that I could take my brother (13 at the time?) to the movie and have an idea about what was going on. Have to say that I found it somewhat derivative and never picked up the rest of the series... but I was glad I took my brother! Great list - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in the middle of some of these series as well! Maximum Ride, I don't know if I'll finish. I love Game of Thrones, and you're so not alone with The Mortal Instruments. I have yet to start book 2. They're just so dang huge! Great list :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm impressed that you've read any of the George RR Martin books. I would really like to, but haven't gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A song of Fire and Ice, I'm scared to get started. They are huge! But I think they will impress me, so I'm going to try to get a copy from the first one :)

    I saw the movie from Inkheart and I liked the concept, but I haven't picked up the book yet. I have a copy though.

    I adore Georgia Nicholson, haha. Those books make me laugh out loud so hard, I'm almost ashamed of myself :')

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images