{Book Trailer Reveal} The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Cadet of Tildor 
The Cadet of Tildor
Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers (Penguin)
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: High fantasy
Expected Release: January 10, 2013
Book trailer by: Medieval Reenactment Group “Liberi Lusenta” located in Italy
Organized by: AToMR Tours


Tamora Pierce meets George R. R. Martin in this smart, political, medieval fantasy-thriller.

There is a new king on the throne of Tildor. Currents of political unrest sweep the country as two warring crime families seek power, angling to exploit the young Crown's inexperience. At the Academy of Tildor, the training ground for elite soldiers, Cadet Renee de Winter struggles to keep up with her male peers. But when her mentor, a notorious commander recalled from active duty to teach at the Academy, is kidnapped to fight in illegal gladiator games, Renee and her best friend Alec find themselves thrust into a world rife with crime, sorting through a maze of political intrigue, and struggling to resolve what they want, what is legal, and what is right.
“A wild, energetic  novel that proves girls CAN be warriors while still being true to themselves.”
      —Sarah Dessen, author of The Moon and More

Wasn't that blurb amazing?! That was more than enough to convince me. However, people do say that actions speak better than words. So without further ado, I present to you the official book trailer for The Cadet of Tildor:



Am I the only one who thinks that it is a legit trailer for a movie? Nope? 
I'm not an expert on cinematography or anything, but I have to say that this trailer was very well made! I absolutely loved the cast. If you did too, you can get to know them more by heading over to this page. Don't leave yet, though! Keep on reading, because Alex Lidell has a surprise for YOU! ;)

About the Author:

Alex is a YA fantasy author, a Tamora Pierce addict, a horse rider, and paramedic. The latter two tend to hand in hand a bit more often than one would like. Alex started writing at 2 am.

Alex Lidell | Facebook | Twitter

"But Ellie, where's the surprise?"
"Patience, young padawan."
"Screw this, I'm heading over to the Trailer Team page now. See y-"
"Wait! Behold- the Rafflecopter widget!!!!"
"What the frack is that for?!"
"You see, young padawan, Alex Lidell is a superstar made of pure awesomesauce and is offering a giveaway with the release! See for yourself: "




"IT'S SO FREAKIN SHINY! I CAN CLICK BUTTONS?"
"Yes, young one. Click buttons you shall."
"Okay. So what do I do after that?"

Good question, young padawan. This goes out to all of the padawans lurkking around:

Weren't you planning on going to the Trailer Team page? You can also pre-order The Cadet of Tildor from The Book Depository. Oh, and don't forget to leave a comment to share your thoughts about the trailer!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. OMG!!! Your narration made me laugh aloud. At 4 am. heheh. Thank you!
    Oh, and I've got an interview with the filmmaker on the "making of" of the trailer waiting in the wings to be posted later - either during the scavenger hunt or the blog tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at your commentary. I think this is going to be a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think anything with Tamora Pierce on it will have me scrambling to get my hands on a copy ;) I'm back in the blogosphere now, Ellie! Exams are over :D And I need a book like that *grins*

    I think the trailer is seriously good!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images