{Waiting On Wednesday} The Colossus Rises by Peter Lerangis

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

waiting on wednesday

The Colossus Rises

Author:
Peter Lerangis
Publication Date:
February 5th 2013 
Publisher:
HarperCollins
Format:
Hardcover, 304 pages
ONE BOY
Jack McKinley is an ordinary kid with an extraordinary problem. In a few months, he's going to die.
ONE MISSION
Jack needs to find seven magic loculi that, when combined, have the power to cure him.
ONE PROBLEM
The loculi are the relics of a lost civilization and haven't been seen in thousands of years…
SEVEN WONDERS
…because they're hidden in the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The thrills begin in The Colossus Rises, the first book in the epic Seven Wonders series.
The Colossus Rises

The day after twelve-year-old Jack McKinley is told he has months to live, he awakens on a mysterious island, where a secret organization promises to save his life - but with one condition. With his three friends, Jack must lead a mission to retrieve seven lost magical orbs, which, only when combined together correctly, can save their lives. The challenge: The orbs have been missing for a thousand years, lost amongst the ruins and relics of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. With no one else to turn to and no escape in sight, the four kids have no choice but to undertake the quest. First stop: The Colossus of Rhodes, where they realize that there’s way more than just their lives at stake.

"A high-octane mix of modern adventure and ancient secrets, The Colossus Rises is Lerangis's most gripping work yet. Young readers will love this story. I can’t wait to see what’s next in the Seven Wonders series!" —Rick Riordan
Intrigued? Check out the Seven Wonders website to read an exclusive excerpt!
What do you think about the book? Share your thoughts and leave links to your own WoW picks! I'll be sure to stop by :)

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I haven't read anything by this author before but this does sound interesting. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like biochemguy, I haven't read anything by the author. But lately, I've been drawn to MG titles...I'm seriously considering this title. It sounds so fun and epic! <3 Thanks for the post!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very interesting! I wonder what kind of surprise the author hid in the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Added this to my to-read list!

    Here's my WoW :)

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why I did not hear about this book before? Sounds awesome! *ads book to tbr* Great pick!

    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh awesome! I've always wondered if there was a series on the Seven Wonders of the World! It totally screamed Rick Riordan to me, so that's very cool to read his blurb on it. Great pick!

    My WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have another book I need to add to my TBR list!!! Thanks for spotlighting it and Happy Halloween!! Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound like Rick Riordan--which I'm not a big fan of, unfortunately. I'll wait and read your review and then decide from there!

    My WOW

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm... upper middle grade adventure? Sounds fun! I'm up for it!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images