{Waiting On Wednesday} Mind Games by Kiersten White

Wednesday, October 17, 2012


Mind Games

Author:
Kiersten White
Publication Date:
February 19th 2013
Publisher:
HarperTeen
Format:
Hardcover, 256 pages
Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her first impulse, her gut feeling, is always exactly right. Her sister, Annie, is blind to the world around her—except when her mind is gripped by strange visions of the future. 
Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways… or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey.
In a stunning departure from her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy, Kiersten White delivers a slick, edgy, heartstoppingly intense psychological thriller about two sisters determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.

Thoughts: 
I am definitely excited for Kiersten White’s first novel after the Paranormalcy trilogy. This novel couldn't be more different , but I think I the plot sounds more promising than Paranormalcy. It looks so fresh and edgy, and it seems like a different side of Kiersten's literary finesse. With an extremely high 4.23 rating on goodreads and a cover that will send shivers through your spine, who can say no to this?
What do you think about the book? Share your thoughts and leave links to your own WoW picks! I'll be sure to stop by :)

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Is this your first wow?? I'm happy to see it! This book is also on my to-read list and I cannot wait to read it. Great pick.

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read her Paranormalcy trilogy yet, but those and this one are definitely on my list! <3

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I loved Paranormalcy and I love books about visions so this should be great for me! I'm super excited! New follower!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I read about it, it looks amazing (both the story and the cover).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds amazing! I am quite eager to read it as well.

    My WoW - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-17th-october.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to seeing what Kiersten has learned and how her writing has matured. This one seems to have a darker edge, and I like that... hope it still has some unexpected humor and hints of romance, though. Great pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo Mind Games! This one is on my wishlist/TBR pile too! Great pick, thanks for sharing. ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just got this a few days ago. i cant wait to read it!
    feel free to stop by my WoW...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wow-pick-of-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really excited for this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh! I think I have another book I need to add to my TBR list!!! Thanks. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT PICK! I'm dying to read this too :)
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really excited to read this too! To be honest, after Paranormalcy, I got pretty disappointed with the plot and how the story moved, but like you said, Mind Games' plot does seem like a more promising one. :)

    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images