{Waiting On Wednesday} Half Lives by Sara Grant

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

waiting on wednesday


Half Lives by Sara Grant

Author:
Sara Grant 
Publication Date:
July 9th 2013
Publisher:
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Format:
Hardcover, 400 pages
Seventeen-year-old Icie's parents have given her $10,000 in cash, a map of a top-secret bunker, and instructions to get there by any means necessary. They have news of an imminent viral attack and know that the bunker is Icie's only hope for survival. Along with three other teens, she lives locked away for months, not knowing what's happening in the outside world or who has survived. And are they safe in the bunker after all?

Generations in the future, a mysterious cult worships the very mountain where Icie's secret bunker was built. They never leave the mountain, they're ruled by a teenager...and they have surprising ties to Icie.
This high-stakes, original, and thought-provoking adventure from Sara Grant follows two unlikely heroes, hundreds of years apart, as they fight to survive.

"I learned that surviving isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you survive, you've got to live with the guilt, and that's more difficult than looking someone in the eye and pulling the trigger. Trust me. I've done both. Killing takes a twitch of the finger. Absolution takes several lifetimes."

I don't know about you guys, but that blurb instantly got me intrigued. It doesn't really give off much of the details of the book, making me want to read more. It sounds like a nice plot, too.
What do you think about the book? Share your thoughts and leave links to your own WoW picks! I'll be sure to stop by :)

P.S. I'm having a comeback giveaway on the blog at the moment! One reader will take home Requiem, Dare You To, and Transparent! Click the image below to join in on the fun~

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa this sounds crazy! I really liked Grant's book, Dark Parties, so I know I will love this one. Thanks for featuring it; I hadn't heard about it until now.

    Thank you for stopping by Pretty Deadly Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick.. I hope you Will get it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore books which don't give much away in the blurb, it has the right amount of detail to keep me intrigued! Thanks for putting this book on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow how interesting! I hadn't heard of this one before, but it's definitely going on my TBR now. And it's released on my birthday, how perfect! :D

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one and yeah I didn't get much from the blurb and because of that I'm curious about it. Thanks for sharing it and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is quite a unique premise. And I'm wondering how that title plays into the story. I haven't heard of this one before, but I've made sure it's on my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this sounds great. I'll definitely be adding this title to my TBR.

    Here is My WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is completely new to me, I haven't heard of it. It definitely sounds like it's going to be interesting! I think I'll be adding it to my TBR! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books <--My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the whole viral attack aspect :D So interesting!

    WoW Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. This one sounds great. I've not read any book with a cult in it, so it will definitely be new to me. Great choice this week.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way you write. Following you via Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds interesting! I'm seeing a lot of action-packed scenes from this book. And that quote definitely got me more intrigued.


    Thanks for sharing and welcome back Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Sounds intense. I love the cover.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds really interesting, I've never heard of it before. I really want to see how the two stories of present and future tie together. I am definitely intrigued, adding this to my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images