So I'm Looking For A Co-blogger...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Selkie Reads Stories needs YOUR help!

When I first started this book blog, I had no idea that it would turn into something as serious as this. It has come to the point where I can no longer handle the workload all on my own. The sudden influx of review requests is starting to get too overwhelming and the pressure of publishing at least one post with quality bookish content stresses me out too much these days. And so, I have decided to look for a co-blogger.

BUT THERE'S ONE HUGE PROBLEM: I don't know where to find a co-blogger. All of the bookish people I know already have book blogs so my mind draws a blank. There are probably some kids at school, but I don't know how to reach out to them. So what did I decide to do? I made an online sign-up sheet and ran towards twitter! I received a few responses but I figured that my shameless promotions were buried under all of the fangirly tweets and all of my complaints about not having enough food (interesting drama happens over here, folks) so I decided to post about it here, too.

And now for the bullets! *cough* not as scary as you think *cough*

What i'm looking for in a co-blogger & what is expected of you:
  • You must write reviews in english. I really don't mind if you live in an entirely different country, but I would really really appreciate it if you could speak and write in english. You don't have to have perfect grammar or anything- english isn't my first language and I mess up here and there, so it's perfectly understandable if you have some minor mistakes too.
  • Dedication. It isn't that obvious but I pour my heart and soul into this blog, and i'm looking for someone who would be willing to do that too. Comment on other people's blogs, engage the readers, post quality content and not half-assed commentaries, and promote all of the books we feature on the blog on a daily basis.
  • Cooperate and communicate with me! We can't do this if we hardly get along.
  • That's pretty much it. I don't care if you have zero experience, if you already have/had a book blog, or if you're an ex-convict who tried to steal unicorns from a science lab (actually, I would care. I would choose you on the spot). All I truly want to know is that you love young adult books as much as I do. That's all I need.
What's in it for you?
  • Uhhhh
  • More books to read and review?
  • All the joy (and possible stress) that comes out of book blogging!
  • You get to exchange emails with me c:
  • You get to share your though/rants/opinions about a book with the rest of the internet-verse, and it won't feel like you're talking to yourself
  • Honestly? You don't get much out of book blogging. At the end of the day, it's all about sharing your love and passion for reading. If you love it, you do it.
Apply to become a co-blogger here!
(I hope I didn't scare you away)

The Selkie Reads Stories

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Hahaha, hope you get a co-blogger Els, with that wit of yours. I would''ve signed up. (If I already didn't have a blog) :D

    ~Jules of Jules Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. The work that goes into a book review blog can be very demanding, and even I had to start recruiting (although the first one bailed on me after a few weeks, so you have to somehow find a way to be sure of their dedication). Try not to get too stressed about the standards you set for yourself and take a moment to just think things through and what you want/think you can handle for your blog. (Sorry for the unsolicited advice. Just a little worried.) Good luck finding a co-blogger! (^∀°)b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ellie, I completely understand how tough it can be keeping on top of all the blogging and reading! I'm luck I have Rachel as my co-blogger. I hope you find a great co-blogger too, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I'd totally apply if I wasn't already a blogger myself. It really can get sometimes overwhelming for me so I can only imagine how it's for you. Good luck with finding a new co-blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started my book blog and I'm already swamped with review requests. So I can understand very well how demanding book blogging can be. Hope you find a good one! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I'm thinking about looking for one too! Blogging can become kinda stressful when we have to manage our life outside the net too. Hope you'll find the best, Ellie!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images