So I'm Looking For A Co-blogger...Tuesday, May 28, 2013
The Selkie Reads Stories needs YOUR help!
BUT THERE'S ONE HUGE PROBLEM: I don't know where to find a co-blogger. All of the bookish people I know already have book blogs so my mind draws a blank. There are probably some kids at school, but I don't know how to reach out to them. So what did I decide to do? I made an online sign-up sheet and ran towards twitter! I received a few responses but I figured that my shameless promotions were buried under all of the fangirly tweets and all of my complaints about not having enough food (interesting drama happens over here, folks) so I decided to post about it here, too.
And now for the bullets! *cough* not as scary as you think *cough*
What i'm looking for in a co-blogger & what is expected of you:
- You must write reviews in english. I really don't mind if you live in an entirely different country, but I would really really appreciate it if you could speak and write in english. You don't have to have perfect grammar or anything- english isn't my first language and I mess up here and there, so it's perfectly understandable if you have some minor mistakes too.
- Dedication. It isn't that obvious but I pour my heart and soul into this blog, and i'm looking for someone who would be willing to do that too. Comment on other people's blogs, engage the readers, post quality content and not half-assed commentaries, and promote all of the books we feature on the blog on a daily basis.
- Cooperate and communicate with me! We can't do this if we hardly get along.
- That's pretty much it. I don't care if you have zero experience, if you already have/had a book blog, or if you're an ex-convict who tried to steal unicorns from a science lab (actually, I would care. I would choose you on the spot). All I truly want to know is that you love young adult books as much as I do. That's all I need.
What's in it for you?
- More books to read and review?
- All the joy (and possible stress) that comes out of book blogging!
- You get to exchange emails with me c:
- You get to share your though/rants/opinions about a book with the rest of the internet-verse, and it won't feel like you're talking to yourself
- Honestly? You don't get much out of book blogging. At the end of the day, it's all about sharing your love and passion for reading. If you love it, you do it.
Apply to become a co-blogger here!
(I hope I didn't scare you away)