{Waiting On Wednesday} The Elites by Natasha Ngan

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday

The Elites by Natasha Ngan
The Elites

Author:
Natasha Ngan
Publication Date:
September 5th 2013
Publisher:
Hot Key Books

'There is a rumour that the Elites don't bleed.'

Hundreds of years into the future, wars, riots, resource crises and rising sea-levels have destroyed the old civilizations  Only one city has survived: Neo-Babel, a city full of cultures - and racial tension. Fifteen-year-old Silver is an Elite, a citizen of Neo-Babel chosen to guard the city due to her superior DNA. She'd never dream of leaving - but then she fails to prevent the assassination of Neo Babel's president, setting off a chain of events more shocking and devastating than she could ever have imagined. Forced to flee the city with her best friend Butterfly (a boy with genetically-enhanced wings), Silver will have to fight to find her family, uncover the truth about Neo-Babel, and come to terms with her complicated feelings for Butterfly.

Packed full of adventure, romance, exoticism and the power of friendship, THE ELITES is a highly compelling and beautifully written novel from a supremely talented debut author.
“A beautifully written futuristic romance”

“For fans of the Mortal Instruments series”

“An electrifying read, with strong elements of ‘Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and The Hunger Games, but still unique-original and beautifully told”

“Packed with adventure, tested friendships, romance, in her first novel, Natasha has created an unforgettable world . Rich in detail, multi-layered, full of racial tensions, prejudices and confused morality, it is nevertheless a novel where good must triumph over evil and a lesson in how difficult achieving that can be. Lushly written, dense with the sounds sights and smells of another world, it is also a heady journey for the reader, who is pulled effortlessly in”


Words cannot express how much I need this book in my life right now. The summary completely sold me and I just can't wait to immerse myself in the interesting new world that author Natasha Ngan created. Oh, and have I mentioned the cover? Silver looks like the epitome of grace and badassery. The quote on the cover practically screams FIERCE. September 5th, please come soon!

Head on over to Natasha's author site to view The Elites' equally gorgeous back flap. And while you're at it, read the book's prologue and first chapter here.
What do you think about the book? Share your thoughts and leave links to your own WoW picks! I'll be sure to stop by :)
The Selkie Reads Stories

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. I've never heard of this one! I'm intrigued by the synopsis and may need to check this out. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am rally loving this cover and the synopsis sounds pretty good :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!
    (new follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover, and the synopsis sounds thrilling! Great choice, Ellie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woha you had me with this cover! It's so awesome. I have to add it to my to-read list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is gorgeous! And a friend with genetically enhanced wings? I'm sold. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I love love love the sound (and the cover) of this one! It sounds original and oh-so good! Great pick this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS. How have I not heard of this? Adding it to my TBR pile right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen this one before, looks interesting may have to check into this one. Thanks for sharing.
    CricketLittle Library Muse

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover of this book is epic! I love it! I hadn't heard of this book until now, but I think it's going on my TBR list! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i haven't heard of this book before but i really like the cover. a girl in an armor?! i love it already! happy reading :)

    check out my WoW this week

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen this one before and it looks incredible! That cover is to die for :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never seen this one before, but it does sound very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous cover! I haven't heard of this before though but I'm definitely checking it out.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Elites is the whole package; premise, cover, post-apocalyptic setting! I'll definitely be on the lookout for this one. I couldn't find a US publisher, fingers crossed!

    candice @ thecrjreviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting -- I hadn't heard of this one. Great choice!
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of this one before, BUT OMG. That looks so amazing-- another one for the TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds awesome! The cover is so gorgeous. I'd definitely read this :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds awesome! The cover is so gorgeous. I'd definitely read this :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooooooh. This sounds good! I hadn't even heard of it! Thanks for letting me know! Also, thanks for stopping by my TTT. :)

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Ellie The Elites sounds fantastic! I love how it has so much to offer, so much action and romance too. Thanks for putting this on my radar. I'm off to check out the first chapter now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I don't know this one. Looks very interesting!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh. My. Gosh! This is my first time seeing this book and it sounds INCREDIBLE!!! Thank you so much for sharing <3

    - Sam @ Falling Books

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have to agree, that cover is totally fierce! How had I not heard of this? It sounds so amazing. Thanks for putting it on my radar, and great WoW choice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Elites is for fans of the The Mortal Instruments series? Oh my, I just have to get my hands on this book!! Thank you for featuring it:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what a gorgeous cover! How have I not heard of this? Guess it's gonna have to go onto my wish list, thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images