Favorite Android and iOS Apps For Busy Book Bloggers

Sunday, July 14, 2013

too busy to blog

Sometimes i'm just too busy to blog. I'm a senior in high school-  I have to juggle academics and a multitude of extra curricular activities every single day, and I just can't make time to turn on my PC to do bloggery duties. 

Ever since school started, I decided to do most of my blogger duties on my android phone. I still use my PC to publish and set up blog posts, but I try to do everything else like reading blog posts, writing drafts, and publicizing posts on my phone. It was hard to find the right apps to help me out, but once I found what I was looking for everything became easy peasy! Read on to learn more about the apps that I love to use:

Emoze

Emoze - email app (Android)

I'm not the only one who checks their email every few minutes, right? I'm always on the lookout for new blog comments , and I get nervous thinking about missing out on cool things because I didn't reply to an email on time :P Emoze is a great email app for personal and business related use, and anyone who has multiple email ‎accounts (a personal one and a blogger one) will find this app very handy.

Writer appWriter app

Writer (Android)

I'm not really one to write down notes while reading a book for review, but I like to write reviews as soon as i'm done reading. I love that Writer tries to be as basic as possible, giving you somewhere to turn your thoughts into text without any unnecessary distractions. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pocket appPocket app

Pocket (Android / iOS)

I use Pocket when I discover an interesting article or blog post, but don’t have time to view it. Once it's in Pocket, it's on your phone, tablet or computer and you can read it even without internet connection!

Buffer app

Buffer (Android / iOS)

Ever wonder how I always manage to tweet links to my blog posts every few hours, even when i'm supposed to be sleeping? This is my secret, my friends. Buffer lets you schedule your tweets, and you can also set it to post stuff on your linkedin and facebook accounts too! Being an international blogger who has to post in EST, Buffer is my best friend.

Twitter appTwitter app

Twitter (Android / iOS)

This is pretty self-explanatory, don't you think? ;) Almost all of the bloggers I know utilize twitter as a way to interact with readers, authors, publicists, and fellow bloggers. It's also a pretty useful way to publicize. Most people hate the official Twitter app and opt for other alternatives like Tweetdeck, but I honestly haven't had any major problems with it.

Feedly appFeedly app

Feedly (Android / iOS)

When I first found out that google reader was going to go bye bye, I went in search of the perfect RSS reader substitute and found Feedly. I am so in love with it, you guys! I love it's speed, interface, and how organized it is. And it's so easy to follow blogs; just enter the link and you're done!

-----------------------------------------

Well, there you go! Like I said, those apps are personal favorites of mine and you might not find them to be as useful, but I really do hope that I helped make you life -even just a little bit- easier.

Do you use your phone to do blogger-y stuff too? Am I missing out on any other useful apps? Please let me know! :)
The Selkie Reads Stories

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. What a good idea for a post! Useful information there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Ellie. Thanks for the tips :)

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried www.hinto.co ?
    It's not an RSS reader, but it's highly visual and you can select which sites to keep up with, in real-time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this post, Ellie! Very useful. I'll remind myself to try those apps soon <3

    I don't usually type a review using phone/tablet though, because it's still hard for me (even now) to write long sentences using touch screen, gah the typos that I made :p

    Tirta @ I Prefer Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been using emoze email app for 3 months, it's working great. I recommend it to others for use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Website: www.mightyandroid.com/
    MobiAppHub iPhone iPad Games For Fun, Creative, Entertaining And Educational
    Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots,
    and learn more about Greedy Dog on the App Store. Download Greedy Dog and enjoy it on your iPhone,
    iPad, and iPod touch
    apps here & Download the app and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.


    Also more details here

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images