Stacking The Shelves 19: Birthday Book Haul

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, wherein we showcase the books or swag we bought, received, borrowed or won the past week.

 Last week was my birthday and it has been an awesome book week for me. I received a lot of books from friends, Filipino bloggers, authors and publishers! Also, my biggest THANK YOU to all those who greeted me, especially on Twitter

And, honestly, I haven't bought anything for my birthday yet. Yes, seriously! Have you experienced that already—when you want to buy a lot of things when you don't have the money, but when it's your birthday, you have no idea what to get? I always do. XD
Anyways, here's my haul:



The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
How To Love by Katie Cotugno
Down To You by M. Leighton
Up To Me by M. Leighton
Everything For Us by M. Leighton
Out Of Line by Jen McLaughlin


Thank you to all the amazing people: Ellie, Lyra, Susan, Gio, Sarah, Liz, Dianne, Michelle, Quercus, Tor Teen, Jennifer, and Emma!

In some other news, as most of you are aware, the Philippines was severely affected by the Typhoon Haiyan. Until now, the devastation caused by the calamity is still very evident. Many have helped, yet there's still so much that the victims need. The book blogging community has put up a very nice online auction to raise money for those in need of dire help in the Philippines. If you haven't seen it yet, please click here. As a Filipino, I don't think I can express my gratitude enough to the people behind this and to those who have bid generously already. Thank you.

What did you guys get this week? What's your next read? What should be MY next read? Do tell in the comments below!


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Happy belated birthday to you! And it does look like you had an awesome week :D
    Those are some lovely books there. I still need to read Black City, and will be reading Phoenix soon after. Allegiant just about killed me! I wasn't a huge fan of How to Love, but I hope you enjoy it more than I did.
    Happy reading :)

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Great haul. I really enjoyed Black City. Hope you love all your new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great birthday haul :D The school for good and evil has such an awesome concept <3 Happy reading!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Kyle!!! :D The school for good and evil is a good book. Amazing haul!

    Happy reading,

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you got so many good books I have no idea which ones to mention. I really liked The Distance Between Us. I’ve been meaning to read Allegiant since it came out, but I guess I’ve been putting it off. I really like that spine for How to Love. I’m interested to see what the cover looks like. I hope you enjoy all your books!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, Wow! awesome book haul! :)) enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a haul! I am just reading Allegiant and it's not half bad. I loved Requiem and even the ending. :D
    Happy reading!

    My haul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated happy birthday! That's a ton of books--super jealous. I usually only get around 3-5 books on my birthday...

    My StS Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bit late, but happy birthday!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Lots of amazing reads this week! I also got my hands on Black City this week, it looks really great. I hope you enjoy all your reads. My STS.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images