R E V A M P E D // A Long Overdue Change

Sunday, May 25, 2014


Hello bookish universe! It's been a while, I know. How many months have passed since I last published a post, I wonder? Five, six, probably more? I guess I've been a very bad blogger. That was the whole root of the problem I guess: I felt like I was a bad blogger. I felt like I was a bad blogger because I didn't have posts ready to be published every other day, I felt like a bad blogger because I had tons of books left unread; because I was drowning in unread emails and books for review and it came to the point where I just didn't want to read any of it anymore. I was so overwhelmed and I just wanted to run away from it all. And I did.

However, no matter how far we wander from it, we will always find ourselves crawling back to reading. Slowly, and then all at once. I know it sounds extremely dramatic but even if the entire world lets you down, there is always a book somewhere that will make you believe that things just might get better. And so here I am, slowly crawling back into the bookish blogging world again. This time, I won't hassle myself with tight schedules and scary deadlines and the need to post something just because I feel like I have to. Bloggers blog for their readers; they blog for authors, fellow bloggers, and anyone who wouldn't mind spending hours on end with their nose in a book. Most importantly, bloggers blog for themselves. I know that now.

And so, dear readers, I present to you a new version of The Selkie Reads Stories: THE READING SLUMP.



Same old Ellie and Kyle, but with a different approach to blogging- no to stress! I'm going to be a college freshman this coming June and Kyle's entering his senior year of high school, so the two of us decided to be as chill as possible when it comes to blogging to avoid a textbook pile vs TBR pile war. And it's not just going to be reviews and memes anymore, we're going to mix things up and post about other things too- like photography and our lives outside of blogging. We want to really fully enjoy the blogging experience this time around, and we'd love it if you went on this journey with us! You'll be hearing from us again -real- soon. xx

The Selkie Reads Stories

P.S. Wondering why we renamed the blog 'The Reading Slump'? Changing the blog name seemed like a vital part of the revamp process, and Ellie the selkie isn't the only one who's reading stories this time. It doesn't sound like your average book blog name, but since Kyle and I get in and out of reading slumps all the time, we decided to embrace it. :P

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm glad to see you guys back! I can't wait too see more of you guys :D

    Jules at Jules Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back guys! I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us. Love the new change, and yay for a no-stress approach to blogging!

    xx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellie! Been so long since I last saw you :D Glad you two are back!! *hughug*
    Can't wait to see to your post again, but yay to the no-stress! :D

    Neysa @ Papier Revue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the name "The Reading Slump"! All bloggers have experience with that, and it's an easy to remember name. Sounds like you all have exciting times ahead of you, and I hope you guys don't get a blogging slump this time :D

    Also, I love it when blogs also post non-bookish posts.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images