The Sunday Currently Vol. 1

Sunday, September 28, 2014



The Sunday Currently is a feature I've been wanting to try for quite some time now. This should be fun and a quick way to just blog about what our Sundays are like.

This Sunday, i'm currently...
R E A D I N G I’m still stuck in the early chapters of Proxy by Alex London. I'm progressing so slowly these days because of college and all. Speaking of college, I should probably start reading my filipino textbook too...

W R I T I N G this post, emo tweets, late replies

L I S T E N I N G to the sound of my neighbors singing and talking about God. I live next to a makeshift worship center.

T H I N K I N G about the number of calories in a serving of mcdonalds fries. And vetoing it because screw that- i'm hungry.

S M E L L I N G the homey scent of my pillowcases

W I S H I N G that I could go back and take all the chances I wish I took. Empty regrets are the worst.

H O P I N G for a higher grade in Math111

W E A R I N G high-waisted denim shorts and a red shirt. Taylor Swift style but with no shoes.

L O V I N G that i'm slowly starting to post on the blog again

W A N T I N G an order of Mcdonalds' BFF Twister Fries. Hnggggg.

N E E D I N G someone to talk to

F E E L I N G anxious. worried. depressed.

C L I C K I N G twitter, tumblr, and coding tutorials

It's one of those afternoons when i'm lying around, ignoring all of the things I have to do, and thinking about the sad MMK story that is my life. I've been so depressed lately and since my friends are all busy doing their own things, i've been taking it all in alone. What do you do when you lose a friend you held so dear? It hurts, especially because I know that it was my fault.

I've been trying to dull the pain by reading book after book and diving into my schoolwork but there are still moments like these when the pain of remembering emanates through my core. And so I write. I write, and type, and write, and type.

This isn't really such a great start to my week, but I hope and pray it gets better.

The Selkie Reads Stories

You Might Also Like

1 comments



  1. I am running the Book Blog awards this year and wanted to let you know nominations are open until october 1st . There are 13 awards up for grabs. You may nominate your own blog or ask your readers to nominate you. Readers vote on November 15th.
    Please leave a comment on my blog or tweet me @emancipatedmimi to get the badge to add to your site. You may use it to encourage your readers to vote for your blog on Nov 15th. The awards are intended to be fun and exciting, and get your blog some exposure as well. Hope you will join =) I'm usually on twitter so tweet me anytime with questions or comments =)

    offical announcement video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA0Utyx6hMI
    NOMINATE here: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LJfSPMYlHSND3LZAypVoNak-nt67jeW5UHfjU6_GyHo/viewform

    VOTE HERE on Nov 15: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jAz1fJ-30YuNZvijMm0JN6rxj_yhjSU7rVqSIZFlOtI/viewform?edit_requested=true

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images