Life Lately // 4th Week of June

Sunday, June 28, 2015

credits to the iCommp for this photo of the Ateneo Multimedia Center

Probably the most noteworthy thing that happened to me this week was getting accepted to be part of the Ateneo Comms Team!

The Comms Team is a special team under the Ateneo Institutional Communications and Promotions Office (iCommp) that works under the Office of the President. The nub and gist is that the team deals with production, design, and social media- the Comms Team was responsible for the ID redesign, design of various PSAs around the campus, events coverage, handling of the school website and social media accounts, and a bunch of other stuff.

Sir Pao invited Kaira, Arthur, and I to the Comms office a few weeks ago and told us about all the cool things the team gets to do and we instantly wanted to be part of it. Arthur was still a bit iffy about it but Kaira and I went ahead and applied first. We were invited to a group interview last wednesday and bumped into our old classmate Lyen and Lara, who was my classmate in Econ111. Lara introduced us to a bunch of other sophomore recruits who were all so fun and quirky- the whole set up wasn’t awkward at all!

I won’t get into detail about what happened during the interview, but I have to say that it wasn’t one of those conventional nerve wrackingly boring ones. Kaira and I were accepted to be part of the team and last firday we got to help out and learn how to use the BlackMagic cameras. Oh, we were also trained to use the four Macs in the office since all of us were Windows users. It didn’t feel like work at all because we had so much fun! It was a really great learning experience and i’m itching to do more for the team.

Everyone in the team is so good at what they do and I feel like I still have so much to learn just to keep up. It kind of adds to the pressure of having to balance comms work with my academics, but i’ll find a way to make things work. This is what I love to do, and a CPA lawyer is what I aspire to be. Reaching your goal at the expense of your passion won’t bring you happiness- at least that’s what I believe. I’ll make sure that I can make these two things coexist.

x Leanne

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet

Flickr Images