FILIPINO FRIDAY 1: Surprise, Reader!
Friday, October 17, 2014
Filipino Fridays is a weekly meme that started with the Filipino Book Bloggers, and has evolved into a yearly pre-Filipino ReaderCon tradition. Every Friday, a topic will be posted and all Filipino readers are encouraged to make their own post about it.
Here's this week's agenda:
Surprise, Reader! Hello, it’s the first week of Filipino Fridays 2014! Whether it’s your first time to participate or not, tell us a bit about yourself. More specifically, tell us about your favorite book discoveries for this year. Any author you started reading this year that you can’t get enough of? A book you didn’t think you’d like, but you ended up liking/loving? Any book series that you just have to get your hands on? Have you discovered anything new from Filipino authors this year?Sooo, hi! I'm Leanne and i'm a first year BS Accountancy student from Davao City who loves words more than numbers. I'm also really into GoT, Doctor Who, The Flash, AHS, and tons of anime series I can barely catch up with.
My favorite book discoveries for this year are:




And I just can't get enough of Lang Leav! Her poetry never ceases to amaze me. They're always so seamless and they hit home. Aahh the feels </3



As for the books I thought I wouldn't like but ended up loving, I have quite a few. I tend to judge a book by its blurb and goodreads rating- my fatal bibliophile flaw.




Can anyone lend me The Maze Runner series? 😅 I saw the movie when it came out and LOVED it! I've been wanting to buy the gorgeous new boxed set but they always seem to run out.
I haven't really read any books by filipino authors this year, but I saw that Pinoy Book Tours is touring Fall Like Rain by Ana Tejano and I really got interested in it!

1 comments
Hi Leanne!
ReplyDeleteNice blog! I've read "Ender's Game." I think it's great. If you liked the novel, you should read "Ender's Shadow" too. It follows the same story line as "Ender's Game," but follows the perspective of Bean. :) It's really cool. I actually like "Ender's Shadow" more.
I just bought "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" yesterday. I'm going to use it as a reading inspiration for NaNoWriMo. :)